UK: Beam Inc hands Cooley distribution to Maxxium UK
Cooley's whiskey brands will move to Maxxium in the UK next week
The company, which jointly-owns the Maxxium distribution, marketing and sales entity with the Edrington Group, said earlier today (27 June) that Maxxium UK will handle Cooley's Irish whiskey portfolio in the country from next month. The division will start to distribute Cooley's Kilbeggan, Connemara, Tyrconnell and Greenore Irish whiskey brands from 2 July.
“I would like to thank the team at Eaux de Vie for their hard work,” said Stephen Teeling, senior global marketing manager for Cooley at Beam. They have played a key role in the success of our brands over recent years.
“Now, as part of the Beam portfolio, we … welcome the partnership with the UK’s leading whisky distributor, Maxxium UK.”
London-based Eaux de Vie, which positions itself as an importer of “very special” spirits, also distributes Glenfarclas Scotch and Heaven Hill's Bourbon range in the UK.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report