UK: Beam Inc hands Cooley distribution to Maxxium UK
Cooley's whiskey brands will move to Maxxium in the UK next week
The company, which jointly-owns the Maxxium distribution, marketing and sales entity with the Edrington Group, said earlier today (27 June) that Maxxium UK will handle Cooley's Irish whiskey portfolio in the country from next month. The division will start to distribute Cooley's Kilbeggan, Connemara, Tyrconnell and Greenore Irish whiskey brands from 2 July.
“I would like to thank the team at Eaux de Vie for their hard work,” said Stephen Teeling, senior global marketing manager for Cooley at Beam. They have played a key role in the success of our brands over recent years.
“Now, as part of the Beam portfolio, we … welcome the partnership with the UK’s leading whisky distributor, Maxxium UK.”
London-based Eaux de Vie, which positions itself as an importer of “very special” spirits, also distributes Glenfarclas Scotch and Heaven Hill's Bourbon range in the UK.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages