UK: Beam Inc follows Diageo, Pernod Ricard with Scotch capacity spend
Beam Inc owns the Teacher's blended Scotch whisky brand
Beam Inc is the latest Scotch whisky producer to invest in increasing its capacity as the category continues to grow globally.
The US-headquartered company, which owns the Teacher's, Laphroaig and Ardmore Scotch brands, said late yesterday (3 October) that it has opened three new warehouses in which to age its whiskies in Scotland. The warehouses, located in Westthorn near Glasgow, will help Beam up its holding capacity in Scotland by almost 20%.
Beam said it has spent GBP3m (US$4.9m) on the new warehouses, in order to “meet growing worldwide consumer demand and support future growth for its premium Scotch whisky portfolio”.
“These three new warehouses will allow us to age 75,000 more casks of Scotch at once,” said Douglas Reid, director of Scotch & Irish whisk(e)y operations for Beam.
Earlier this year, Diageo announced plans to build a new distillery in Scotland and boost the capacity of two other sites as part of its five-year investment programme in Scotch. Pernod Ricard also lined up a GBP40m annual investment in its Scotch production operations last year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
While many drinks companies have highlighted Africa as a continent that offers huge potential, the region is not without its well-documented perils and pitfalls. Most notable among these is the logist...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review