UK: Beam Inc expands Devil's Cut release
Click through to view the UK release of Beam's Jim Beam Devil's Cut
Beam Inc has expanded the release of its Jim Beam Devil's Cut to the UK, the company's UK distributor has announced.
The red-coloured Bourbon, which targets the over-25 market, is available now for GBP22.49 (US$36.50) per 70cl bottle, Maxxium UK said today (28 September). The brand was launched in the US last year and in Germany earlier this year, a Maxxium spokesperson told just-drinks.
Eileen Livingston, Maxxium UK’s marketing controller for imported whiskeys, highlighted that there is “significant potential for Bourbon growth” in the UK that Beam is investing in.
At 45% abv, Jim Beam Devil's Cut is stronger than regular Jim Beam. It is made using Bourbon "trapped within the wood of the barrel it is aged in" and mixed with six-year old Jim Beam, the company said.
Earlier this month, Beam released a multipack RTD version mixed with cola in Australia. There are no plans to release a similar format in the UK, the Maxxium spokesperson said
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020