US: Beam Inc creates chief strategy officer role
Beam Inc has created the position of chief strategy officer following the retirement of its senior VP of corporate development.
The spirits company, which posted its Q1 results last week, confirmed to just-drinks earlier today (11 May) that it has created the role after Donard Gaynor retired from the company at the end of March. Assuming the new role is Nicholas Fink, who has been with Beam since 2006.
Most recently VP of strategy & corporate development, Fink has previously served as MD of Beam Canada, senior brand director for Courvoisier & fortified wines, and associate general counsel.
In his new role, Fink will lead strategic planning and corporate development initiatives for Beam.
“This is a new position that aligns strategy and corporate development into one executive-level position,” a spokesperson for Beam told just-drinks.
Fink reports in to president & CEO Matt Shattock.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future