UK: Beam Inc commemorates diamond jubilee with Laphroaig release
Click through to view Laphroaig’s Diamond Jubilee limited edition box
Beam Inc has launched a limited edition Laphroaig to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's diamond jubilee.
Laphroaig’s Diamond Jubilee is a single malt Islay Scotch and will be limited to a run of 3,000 bottles, the company said late last week. Each limited edition carton will show that it is a limited edition and will contain Laphroaig 18 Year Old single malt.
The 48%-abv malt's commemorative package is available to buy in the UK off-trade from next month and costs GBP77 (US$121.80)
Each bottle carries Prince Charles’ Royal Warrant and Laphroaig will donate GBP3,000 ($4,747) to The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, which awards grants to British craftspeople.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research