US: Beam Inc boosts Iowa reach with new distribution deal
Beam Inc is aiming to boost its presence in Iowa with the deal
Beam Inc is aiming to expand its reach in Iowa after signing a "long-term" exclusive distribution agreement with Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWS).
As of tomorrow (August 1), SWS will take responsibility as Beam's broker throughout Iowa, Beam announced yesterday (30 July). SWS is already the broker for Beam in 15 other US "control" states and has full distribution agreements with the spirits firm in 30 states.
“Iowa is an important market for Beam because it truly represents the heartland of this country and is a great growth opportunity for many of our brands,” said Bill Newlands, president of Beam North America.
He added: “Southern Wine & Spirits is the right partner to help us drive this accelerated growth."
Beam Inc reported a strong start to it financial year in May, with profits up 17% to US$131.m.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future