AUS/NZ: Beam Inc appoints COO for Oceania business
Beam has created the role of COO at its Australian and New Zealand businesses
Beam Inc has appointed a former PepsiCo executive to lead its Australia and New Zealand business as chief operating officer.
Cameron Simpson took up the newly-created role on 20 January, the spirits group announced yesterday (11 February). Australia is Beam’s second largest global market and Simpson’s responsibilities will include “driving growth” in the region, the company said.
Last month, the group announced it is restructuring its Australian business to make the unit more "agile", which has reportedly led to some redundancies.
Simpson is also charged with “aligning” the region’s sales, marketing and supply chain and handling Beam’s relationship with its Australia distributor, Coca-Cola Amatil.
Prior to joining Beam, Simpson was senior sales director at PepsiCo’s Australian snack division, Smith’s Snackfood Company.
“Cameron brings to Beam a wealth of commercial expertise and a proven tracks record of building brands and successful businesses,” said Nicholas Fink, president of Beam’s Asia Pacific, South America unit.
Beam is expected to be acquired by Japanese group Suntory for US$16bn later this year, after a deal was announced last month.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends