US: Beam Inc adds to board with former P&G exec
Beam Inc now has eight directors on its board
Beam Inc has increased the size of its board with the addition of a former Procter & Gamble executive.
The US-based spirits company said earlier today (23 July) that Gretchen Price has been elected to its board. The move means that Beam now has eight directors, only one of which, CEO Matt Shattock, works full-time for Beam.
Price is currently the executive VP, chief financial & administrative officer at personal care products company Arbonne International. She previously served as executive VP, chief financial & administrative officer of Philosophy, Inc. and spent 31 years at Procter & Gamble in finance, accounting and operations leadership roles.
She also serves on the board of Cincinnati Financial Corporation.
“Gretchen brings to our board an outstanding blend of consumer, finance and operations experience, and I am confident her insights will serve the board, our management and our shareholders very well,” said Beam's chairman, David Mackay.
Beam is set to release its first-half results next week.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research