US: Beam Global sues Diageo over Maker's Mark 'copy'
A spokesperson for Beam confirmed to just-drinks last night (14 September) that the lawsuit has been filed.
"Maker's Mark has no additional comment other than they look forward to the lawsuit working its way through the courts," she said.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Diageo's North American unit.
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
Diageo has declined to comment on the announcement that the National Puerto Rican Day Parade is "terminating" its relationship with the drinks giant over the Captain Morgan affair....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts