US: Beam Global sues Diageo over Maker's Mark 'copy'
A spokesperson for Beam confirmed to just-drinks last night (14 September) that the lawsuit has been filed.
"Maker's Mark has no additional comment other than they look forward to the lawsuit working its way through the courts," she said.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Diageo's North American unit.
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
Diageo has declined to comment on the announcement that the National Puerto Rican Day Parade is "terminating" its relationship with the drinks giant over the Captain Morgan affair....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research