Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Teacher’s Origin
Click through to view Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Teacher's Origin
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Teacher’s Origin
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Travel Retail
Price - RRP of EUR29.90 (US$43.16) per 1-litre bottle
Distribution - Beam Global
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is extending the roll-out of its Teacher’s Origin variant to the travel retail channel. The whisky, which has previously been available in India, is targeting aged blends up to 12 years old.
Double maturation in 19th century-styled quarter casks is used to blend around 30 different malt whiskies. The variant has 65% malt content, markedly higher than standard Scotch blends.
The launch is part of the brand’s longer-term ambition to create “a family of whisky expressions” from Teacher’s, the company said.
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video