Product Launch – UK: Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Click through to view Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig Triple Wood
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 48% abv
Available - From September
Location - UK
Price - RRP of between GBP40 (US$65.30) and GBP50
Distribution - Maxxium UK
Beam Inc is lining up the launch of Laphroaig Triple Wood in the UK. The whisky has previously been available solely in the travel retail channel, where it was launched two years ago.
Laphroaig Triple Wood is non-chill filtered, and produced using three of the whisky’s signature finishing processes: Firstly in American oak (ex-Bourbon barrels from Laphroaig’s sister distillery, Makers Mark in Kentucky), then into the smaller 19th-Century-style Quarter Casks for a second maturation for nine months. Finally, maturation in large, European oak, Oloroso Sherry casks, from Laphroaig’s sister bodega, Harveys in Jerez.
Distribution in the UK will be handled by Maxxium, Beam's marketing and distribution JV with Edrington Group.
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts