US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine snaps up Skinnygirl
Beam Global did not give financial details behind its purchase of Skinnygirl
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired US spirits brand Skinnygirl for an undisclosed sum.
The company, part of Fortune Brands, confirmed today (21 March) that it will buy Skinnygirl, known for its Skinnygirl Margarita RTD brand in New York, Florida and New Jersey, from natural foods chef, reality TV star and entrepreneur, Bethenny Frankel, and spirits veteran David Kanbar. Launched in 2009, Skinnygirl has current annual shipments of around 100,000 nine-litre cases in the three markets.
“Skinnygirl is a … premium brand that’s growing fast in a rapidly expanding segment,” said Beam Global’s president for North America, Bill Newlands. “In just the past year, Skinnygirl has built strong consumer equity and momentum, particularly among women seeking convenient, low-calorie premium cocktails.
“We believe our strong sales and distribution organisation will build on this success by bringing Skinnygirl to more consumers and growing this high-quality brand from coast to coast. We’re also excited that Skinnygirl offers an excellent platform for further innovation.”
Frankel will continue as the brand “collaborator, developer and marketer”, Beam Global added.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp