US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine snaps up Skinnygirl
Beam Global did not give financial details behind its purchase of Skinnygirl
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired US spirits brand Skinnygirl for an undisclosed sum.
The company, part of Fortune Brands, confirmed today (21 March) that it will buy Skinnygirl, known for its Skinnygirl Margarita RTD brand in New York, Florida and New Jersey, from natural foods chef, reality TV star and entrepreneur, Bethenny Frankel, and spirits veteran David Kanbar. Launched in 2009, Skinnygirl has current annual shipments of around 100,000 nine-litre cases in the three markets.
“Skinnygirl is a … premium brand that’s growing fast in a rapidly expanding segment,” said Beam Global’s president for North America, Bill Newlands. “In just the past year, Skinnygirl has built strong consumer equity and momentum, particularly among women seeking convenient, low-calorie premium cocktails.
“We believe our strong sales and distribution organisation will build on this success by bringing Skinnygirl to more consumers and growing this high-quality brand from coast to coast. We’re also excited that Skinnygirl offers an excellent platform for further innovation.”
Frankel will continue as the brand “collaborator, developer and marketer”, Beam Global added.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch