UK: Beam Global Spirits & Wine readies Laphroaig 18 Year Old
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is phasing out the 15-year-old version of its Laphroaig Scotch whisky brand, in favour of a new, 18-year-old variant.
The company confirmed today (20 April) that Laphroaig 18 Year Old will roll out in the UK next month, through its distribution joint venture, Maxxium, with The Edrington Group. Limited to around 7,500 cases a year, the 48% abv brand extension will retail in the UK at around GBP49.99 (US$72.92) per 70cl bottle.
Laphroaig 18 Year Old will be available in the US and domestic Europe, as well as in a few markets in the Far East and Australia, within the next two months. It will not be available in travel retail, however, a spokesperson for Maxxium UK told just-drinks.
Around 65 bottles of Laphroaig 15 Year Old remain, with these set to be made available only to members of the consumer club 'Friends of Laphroaig' on a first come, first serve basis.
The duty-free industry's most important annual trade show, the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition, celebrates its 25th anniversary in Cannes next week. This US$37bn global business has...
Fortune Brands has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has secured a multiple grocer listing in the UK for the Select Reserve variant of its The Glenrothes single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has renewed it support of raising money for a prostate cancer charity in the US through its Canadian Club whisky brand...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has followed Brown-Forman in announcing its withdrawal from NASCAR sponsorship in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Kevin George as senior vice president and global chief marketing officer....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its portfolio of vodkas in Australia and New Zealand, under a distribution deal with Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends