US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine organises DeKuyper range
DeKuyper has organised its portfolio of cordials and liqueurs into five separate categories in an effort to simplify its product offering in the US.
The company said today (8 February) that it has sorted almost 60 of its products into flavour and usage-based "families" and supported the repositioning of the range with updated packaging and merchandising.
The categories, named DeKuyper Luscious, DeKuyper Burst, DeKuyper Pucker, DeKuyper Signature and DeKuyper Flavoured Brandy, are based on both flavour profile and whether the liqueur is used as a "mixer, sipper, shot or after-dinner drink", the company said.
DeKuyper senior director Chris Mahoney said: "Organising our products into five families will help simplify consumers' shopping experience by identifying what product they should buy based on how they plan on using DeKuyper. The DeKuyper five families approach will help convert consumer browsing into purchasing by making the category simpler to shop."
The new packaging will begin to hit US store shelves next month and will be supported by merchandising to help retailers organise their liqueur aisles, the company added.
Fortune Brands has elected a new director to its board....
Fortune Brands has proposed a move to elect its directors on an annual basis....
Cognac and Champagne producer Remy Cointreau has returned to profit in its recent full-year, but has warned the next 12 months would be a "transition period" for the group....
The introduction of a tax hike on RTDs in Australia has failed to stem the overall amount of alcohol consumed in the country, according to local reports....
Fortune Brands has posted a reverse in operating profits for its second quarter with sales from its spirits unit also sliding....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is relaunching its Drink Smart website in a multi-lingual format....
Pernod Ricard has been set a selection of hoops to jump through ahead of the closure of its acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018