US/GERMANY: Beam Global Spirits & Wine offloads spirits brands to Henkell & Co
Beam Global will sell three brands to Henkell & Co
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up the divestment of three German drinks brands to Henkell & Co in the country.
The US-based firm announced earlier today (27 July) that it will sell Kuemmerling bitters, Fuerst Bismarck korn/schnapps and Jacobi 1880 brandy to Henkell, which is the second largest distributor of wine and spirits in Germany.
Henkell will also take control of Beam's facility in Bodenheim, where the brands are produced.
Financial details behind the tranaction were not disclosed.
“Selling these brands will enable Beam Global to devote all of our resources in Germany toward the growth of our global premium brands, led by Jim Beam, Maker’s Mark Bourbon and Sauza Tequila,” said company MD Torsten Helbig. “It is our utmost priority to ensure a smooth, seamless transition for our employees and our operations to Henkell.”
Hans-Henning Wiegmann at Henkell added: “Kuemmerling, F?rst Bismarck and Jacobi 1880 are a great strategic fit for us. Henkell is prepared to invest in their growth as Beam Global focuses on growth of its global premium brands in Germany.”
The transaction is expected to complete by 1 September.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced the appointment of Tom McPartlin as vice president, chief information officer and business systems transformation leader....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages