US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine looks to realign
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is realigning its organisation, both in the US and internationally.
The company, which is owned by Fortune Brands, said late yesterday (19 October) that the changes have been introduced to "strengthen the long-term performance of its brands and promote organisational effectiveness and efficiency".
Beam Global said that its US commercial marketing function will be aligned into three teams focused on consumer buying categories: Bourbon, Mixables - including rum, Tequila, vodka and cordials - and Classics - including Cognac, Scotch and Canadian whisky.
The sales organisation in the US will also move from its current regional configuration to an alignment based on three main distributor groups - Southern Wine & Spirits, other independent distributors, including Glazer's and Republic National Distributing Company; and Control States.
The US category business teams and sales unit will report to Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global's business in the country.
Internationally, Beam Global will create a pan-European region by uniting its two current European regions. The result will be an international organisation aligned into three business teams based on geography - Europe, Asia/Pacific, and Emerging Markets/Travel Retail - each with its own profit-and-loss responsibility. The international units report to Donard Gaynor, senior vice president and managing director for international.
Each category business team will bring together the brand management, trade marketing, finance, operations and human resources functions into a single unit with its own profit-and-loss responsibility.
"Implementing better ways of working to sharpen the focus of the organisation is the logical next step in the evolution of Beam Global," said Matt Shattock, who became president and CEO of Beam Global in April. "We've successfully developed our next-generation routes to market, including a wholly-owned sales organisation in the US.
"The steps we're now taking will build on that progress and make the organisation more effective and efficient, while freeing up resources that we'll reinvest to grow our brands. Taken together, these steps will better enable Beam Global to drive our biggest brands and best market opportunities."
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed an internal promotion and a further appointment to its US Category Business Teams....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has signed a deal for Jim Beam Bourbon to sponsor an ESPN web series hosted by the sports journalist Scoop Jackson....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages