EUR: Beam Global Spirits & Wine brings Red Stag by Jim Beam to Europe
Click through to see Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Red Stag by Jim Beam
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up its Red Stag by Jim Beam flavoured Bourbon for the UK and for Europe's travel retail channel.
The company, which launched the variant in the US in 2009, announced yesterday (18 April) that it will use its sales and distribution joint venture with The Edrington Group, Maxxium, to bring Red Stag to the UK and EUrope's airports.
The 40% abv flavoured Bourbon is made with four-year-old Jim Beam and natural black cherry flavouring. It will retail in the UK at GBP21.75 (US$35.50) per 75cl bottle, and for EUR17.99 (US$25.75) per 1-litre bottle in Europe's travel retail channel.
A “significant” investment programme, which will include consumer activity, on- and off-trade promotions and a PR campaign, will support the UK launch. Consumer activity will include sampling at festivals nationwide, social media and advertising. On- and off-trade activity will focus on sampling and “engaging visibility at point of purchase”.
Also, a pan-European investment programme, including six months of sampling in key airport locations, will kick off this spring across the UK, Germany and other European airports. The sampling will feature sampling bars and promotional material, such as branded chilled shot machines.
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets