US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine appoints marketing chief
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Kevin George as senior vice president and global chief marketing officer.
With 13 years of experience at Unilever, George will take up his post on 28 September, the company said yesterday (21 September).
Currently vice president and general manager of Unilever's deodorants and hair care business unit, George also spent seven years in the spirits industry at Seagram Americas, where he held sales and marketing positions for brands such as Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Chivas Regal and Absolut.
George will succeed Rory Finlay, who is leaving Beam Global after nearly three years with the company.
He will be responsible for global brand strategy development, consumer insights, and working with in-market teams to activate brand building programmes for the company's spirits portfolio.
"I'm excited that Kevin George will be joining Beam Global to lead our global marketing team," said Matt Shattock, president and CEO of Beam Global. "With his two decades of experience driving business growth for consumer packaged goods companies, passionately building power brands, and developing innovative strategies to connect with consumers, Kevin has what it takes to propel our marketing capabilities to the next level."
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push