US: Beam Global Spirits & Wine appoints corporate development SVP
Donard Gaynor will fill the new post at Beam Global Spirits & Wine
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has moved the MD of its international operations to the new role of senior vice president of corporate development.
Donard Gaynor, who is also co-chair of Beam Global's worldwide distribution joint venture with the Edrington Group, will assume the newly-created position, the company said yesterday (5 January). Gaynor will be responsible for industry relations and “building strategic commercial business partnerships”, Beam Global said.
“Since 2003, Donard has spearheaded our international business, truly transforming the way Beam Global conducts business abroad,” said Matt Shattock, Beam's president and CEO. “His extensive industry experience will be invaluable in this new executive role as he dedicates his time to building our company’s external business partnerships as part of our global growth strategy.”
Gaynor and Edrington's Bill Farrar rotate the chairmanship of the distribution JV, with Gaynor holding it until March 2011. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Beam Global said: “Donard’s new role speaks specifically to strategic partnerships and therefore the very important 'alliance' between Beam and Edrington is totally in sync to the continuation of Donard’s new/current role in that regard.”
Last month, Beam Global's parent company, Fortune Brands, confirmed it would spin off its other units but would keep hold of the wine and spirit division. The announcement triggered speculation that other drinks firms will move to acquire Beam Global in the coming months.
Symington Family Estates has followed its purchase of the Cockburn's Port brand last year by selling back most of its stake in Madeira Wine Company (MWC) to the Blandy Group....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018