US: Beam Global signs Funkin cocktail deal
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier Funkin.
Beam Global's senior marketing director, Kelly Doss, said the deal would help the firm to "expand its range of cocktail solutions" for bartenders.
Financial details of the agreement have not been disclosed.
Funkin is one of the leading suppliers of all-natural cocktail ingredients over in the UK, with products including a range of flavoured purees and syrups. All have a ten-day shelf-life once opened, the firm said.
Doss said: "We know the US market is hungry for all-natural products that can be easily incorporated into bar and restaurant menus. We see this partnership as a great opportunity to help our brands stand out from the competition with fresh fruit and natural ingredients."
Alex Carlton, founder and managing director of Funkin, said: "This is a great opportunity to couple high-quality products to meet growing and changing consumer demands."
"Funkin offers bartenders and their customers the convenience of fresh fruit flavors without having to take time and energy to crush fruit and blend it to perfection," said Bobby Gleason, Beam's manager of on-premise training.
Beam, a division of Fortune Brands, owns several spirits brands, including Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Courvoisier Cognac and Sauza Tequila.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
New guidelines have just been introduced by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) regarding online media. However, while the guidelines enhance the self-regulatory framework of the spirit...
Bourbon distillers have been left incensed by the introduction of a tax rise on alcohol in their Kentucky homeland, also one of their strongest markets....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has started the dstribution of Russian Standard Vodka in Canada....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to launch a mulitmillion dollar advertising campaign for the Tequlia brand Hornitos....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine and The Edrington Group have launched their new sales and distribution alliance today (1 April), following Remy Cointreau's exit from the Maxxium joint venture....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is targeting investors and Scotch whisky collectors with the launch of 25-year-old Laphroaig and a 30-year-old Ardmore single malts....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China