US: Beam Global repositions, repackages Sauza Tequila
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a marketing campaign and package redesign for Sauza Tequila in the US to broaden the variety of serves for the category and reposition it to attract female consumers.
The Fortune Brands-owned company said yesterday (10 April) that the 'Expect Fresh' campaign will place emphasis on the spirit's mixibility, while looking to "add invigorating accompaniments to the ubiquitous and standard Tequila shot".
The campaign will be supported by a packaging redesign for Sauza Blanco and Sauza Gold and coincide with the reformulation of its RTD lime and strawberry margarita mix. The RTD margaritas will include new recipes and add the extra flavour of Mango to the line-up.
The push will be supported with trade advertising, presence at festivals, on- and off-trade sampling events, POS and the introduction of three new ways to drink Tequila for bartenders to learn named The Sauza Blanco Vineyard Shot, Sauza Blanco Mexican Melon and Sauza Gold Holy Mole.
Sauza Tequila associate brand manager Mara Melamed said: "Sauza is focused on doing things a little differently in this category and we're really excited to introduce our new packaging and 'unexpected' drinking experiences to consumers. We believe the 'Expect Fresh' campaign will resonate with consumers, especially with women who are looking for a refreshing way to enjoy Tequila."
The new Sauza Blanco label will be light blue and feature the Sauza logo, while the Gold label includes gold undertones, the company added.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier funkin....
Maxxium has launched a limited edition Christmas pack for The Edrington Group's Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the UK off-trade....
Diageo has launched a premium silver Tequila, Jose Cuervo Platino, in the UK as the market for the Mexican spirit continues to grow....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up the launch of the latest limited edition of its Courvoisier Erté collection of Cognac....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to expand its operations in India through establishing their imported brands and Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brands in the country....
Bacardi-Martini UK has introduced Cazadores Blanco Tequila to the UK on-trade....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine have confirmed details of their new alliance in the UK....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018