US: Beam Global names US commercial development chief
The former president of Beam Wine Estates is set to rejoin Beam Global Spirits & Wine as senior vice president of US commercial development.
The company said on Monday (31 December) that Bill Newlands will be responsible for "US regional marketing, commercial activation and the sales training function while working closely and collaborating with Future Brands and distributor partners".
Newlands, whose newly-created role begins on 1 February after fulfilling his commitments to Constellation Brands on 31 January, will report to president and CEO Tom Flocco and will also serve on the company's executive committee, the company said.
Beam Global senior vice president and president for North America, Jim Clerkin, has also announced plans to leave the company to spend more time with his family and to pursue other interests.
Flocco said: "Bill's experience leading Beam Wine Estates and his savvy commercial and organisational skills will help us further enhance our competitive position in the US, by focusing on US market commercial activation, sales and distributor management. We thank Jim Clerkin for his committed service and contributions to Beam Global Spirits & Wine and wish him well."
Prior to joining Beam Wine Estates, Newlands was president and CEO of Allied Domecq Wines, North America. He also served as president and CEO of Wine.com; president and CEO of the North American Still and Sparkling Wine Group of Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy's; and vice president of marketing at E&J Gallo.
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal....
Need to know - Ten facts about Maxxium...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is linking individuals and organisations with "The Stuff Inside", through a new US marketing campaign for its Jim Beam brand....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a lift in both sales and operating profit for its latest full-year, but has sit tight on releasing full financial details due to ongoing discussions at Maxxium....
The UK unit of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the first website for its Port brand Cockburn's....
Jim Beam Bourbon is participating in a TV series where well-known motorcycle builders are paired with commercial sponsors to build a custom-made motorcycle in 30 days....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Julian Cohen to the position of vice president of marketplace insights....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report