UK: Beam Global, Maxxium to maintain Courvoisier spend
Maxxium UK's Courvoisier marketing packs a punch
Maxxium UK said today (9 March) that it will match its GPB15m (US$24.2m) spend on Courvoisier last year, when the distributor raised its spend on the brand by 25% versus 2009.
Courvoisier has increased its dominance of the UK Cognac market in the last 12 months by increasing sales in both volume and value, according to Maxxium. In 2011, the distributor is to launch a new campaign, entitled 'Upgrade', which will encourage consumers to upgrade from their usual drink to Courvoisier.
In a challenge to Diageo's Pimm's, Maxxium will seek to continue to increase Courvoiser's links with punch. The group is keen to get consumers and bartenders to mix their own punch recipes using Courvoisier VS, VSOP and, predominantly in bars, Courvoisier Exclusif.
"By communicating Courvoisier punch as an upgrade to their usual drink choice, we will encourage more consumers to try Cognac,” said Maxxium's marketing manager for Courvoisier, Janice McIntosh.
In 2010, Courvoisier increased its share of the UK Cognac market to 61% and 63% in volume and value respectively, compared to a volume share of 55% and a value share of 59% in 2009, according to Maxxium.
The distributor will take the Upgrade campaign to several festivals in the UK this summer, including the Edinburgh Fringe, Brighton Festival and Secret Garden Party.
Maxxium UK is a joint-venture between Beam Global and The Edrington Group.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future