UK: Beam Global launches Sauza Tres Generaciones Tequila
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching Tres Generaciones Tequila in the UK, a super premium extension to its Sauza brand.
Tres Generaciones Tequila will be launched today (23 June) in high-end bars and restaurants. It will also be aimed at luxury retailers, such as Harvey Nichols.
Priced at between GBP41.99 (US$68) and GBP47.99, three variations of the 100% agave, 38% abv Tequilas are being launched by Maxxium UK, Beam Global's distribution alliance in the country with The Edrington Group.
Maxxium indicated that it hopes to take market share from top gin, vodka and Scotch whisky, as well as rival Tequila brands.
"The launch positions Sauza as a strong contender not only among the most revered Tequilas, but also alongside the world's most premium spirits within in other categories," said Nikki Cumming, Maxxium UK brand manager for Sauza.
"Tequila is still seen as the bad boy of drinks," Mexican restaurant owner and Tequila expert Tomas Estes told journalists at a launch event in London last night. But, he said that products like Tres Generaciones would help to educate consumers about higher quality styles.
Tres Generaciones refers to the 'three generations' of the Sauza family, who have run the namesake firm's 100-year-old distillery in Mexico.
The three versions launched are non-aged Plata, Reposado, which has been aged in oak barrels for two months, and Anejo, which is the most expensive and has been stored in charred, American oak barrels for at least a year after distillation. All three are triple distilled.
As part of the launch, Maxxium has devised a so-called "mentoring initiative", a competition that seeks to find successful "mentoring partnerships" among UK bartenders. The winners will get a trip to the Sauza distillery.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
We all know that Diageo and Pernod Ricard have held all before them in the spirits sector for a number of years. But a new report from Rabobank has shed light on how they have done it, and what the re...
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands, has appointed Mindy Mackenzie as senior vice president of human resources....
Price pressure is growing more intense on the US spirits market, Brown-Forman has warned, despite posting a rise in half-year profits....
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman has lifted its full-year profits guidance after reporting a rise in earnings for the first half of its fiscal year....
Brown-Forman, owner of Jack Daniel's whiskey, will report its second quarter and half-year results on Tuesday 8 December....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Sauza, Cruzan Cocktail Cubes...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends