US: Beam Global launches mixable Courvoisier Cognac
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a new Cognac to its Courvoisier brand in the US.
The company said today (3 September) that its mixable Cognac, Courvoisier Exclusif, will enter the super-premium VSOP category and compete with vodkas and other base spirits in cocktails.
Courvoisier Exclusif, a blend of well-matured Grande and Petite Champagne, Fin Bois and Borderies, was first introduced in Asia before being launched in the UK, and will be available across the US from mid-September.
Courvoisier brand manager Mary Therese Williams said: "We have been fascinated by the exponential growth in super-premium VSOP Cognacs, the fastest growing segment within the category. Diverse enough to be enjoyed in cocktails as well as neat, Exclusif offers today's luxury-seeking consumers an unparalleled cognac, positioning it as a leader in the super-premium spirits category."
As part of the launch, Courvoisier brand ambassador and radio personality, Big Tigger, will join Courvoisier diplomats, in on- and off-trade events and tastings in Miami, Atlanta, New York, Washington, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, and Detroit.
Beam plans to run consumer print advertising from October and national print advertising in the New Year, as well as introduce branded merchandise, posters and displays to support the brand.
Exclusif will be available in 50ml, 200ml, 750ml and 1 litre bottles, with the 750ml retailing at US$50.
Drinks Americas has made use of its tie-up with Interscope Geffen A&M Records by becoming the latest drinks company to team up with a well-known rap artist in the US....
Despite announcing record exports for 2007, the president of the Federation des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux de France (FEVS) said this week that he is not optimistic about the immediate future ...
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
Kindred Spirits, the Miami-based drinks importer, has announced that it has added two new liqueur brands, Heering Cherry Liqueur and Xante, to its portfolio....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching the Ardmore Traditional Cask Single Malt Scotch in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has teamed up with The National Criminal Enforcement Association in the US, and The European Forum for Responsible Drinking in an effort to promote responsible drinking....
DeKuyper has organised its portfolio of cordials and liqueurs into five separate categories in an effort to simplify its product offering in the US....
Constellation Brands has stayed silent on reports that it may be selling three of its Beam Wine Estate wineries as well as 1,000 acres of vineyards in Sonoma County in the US....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom