US: Beam Global launches Ardmore Traditional Cask stateside
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching the Ardmore Traditional Cask Single Malt Scotch in the US.
The company said yesterday (20 February) that the new expression "was crafted in direct response to 15 years of consumer demand for a quality single malt from the Ardmore distillery".
The brand extension will be available in US stores nationwide from next month, with only 3,000 cases initially available. The Highland malt, which was launched in the UK and travel retail last autumn, will retail at between US$45 and $50, depending on the market, for a 75cl bottle.
The US launch is to be supported by tasting events and advertising in key specialist publications such as Whisky Magazine and Malt Advocate. A number of on- and off-premise point of sale items will be available including postcards, banners, shelf-talkers, and branded apparel, Beam said.
"For years, consumers have been passionately asking for a single malt whisky from the Ardmore distillery, and we are thrilled to finally deliver this high-quality product to eager malt whisky fans," said Paige Guzman, Beam's brand manager for Scotches. "Ardmore Traditional Cask has a definitive character and flavour profile making it an ideal 'step up' for those seeking to break away from mainstream tastes into a diverse and complex malt market."
Scotch whisky is to receive official protection as a geographical indication in China, one of its most promising export markets....
Scotch whisky brand The Famous Grouse has said its special edition Spanish Oak version has performed well in the travel retail sector....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a raft of technological partnerships to promote its Hornitos Tequila brand in the US....
Pernod Ricard has said it hopes to have completed the sale of Scotch whisky distillery Glendronach by September....
Speculation is mounting that French wine and spirit company Belvédère may reduce its debt levels by selling Marie Brizard, the Bordeaux-based spirits producer it bought two years ago....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the latest push for its Teacher's Blended Scotch brand in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled an addition to The Glenlivet portfolio in the US....
Diageo has filed legal action against Chinese drinks firm Blue Blood, accusing the group of copying the packaging design used on Johnnie Walker whisky....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report