UK: Beam Global launches Ardmore single malt Scotch
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a new single malt Scotch whisky on the UK market.
The company said today (31 October) that the 46% ABV double-matured single malt whisky, named Ardmore Traditional Cask, will be "a new brand in its own right".
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's global Scotch brand director Michael Cockram said: "Despite a rise in sales, research undertaken in the UK and the US indicates that the progression from mainstream malts, which account for the bulk of sales, to more challenging malts remains a daunting prospect for some consumers."
Cockram added: "While tradition, heritage, process and location all play a role in brand identification, they can, along with a liberal helping of malt snobbery, act as significant barriers to trial, because they often overshadow the important factor of flavour. Ardmore Traditional Cask is a new generation malt specifically created to address this."
Ardmore will roll out today at Sainsbury's stores as well as other specialist retailers across the UK and will be "priced alongside other premium malt whiskies".
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Fortune Brands has posted sliding sales and operating income for its first quarter, as the poor economic climate in the US hit home product sales....
The Edrington Group has announced an addition to its board of directors, with the creation of the new post of group strategy director....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
A shipment of rare Highland Park 32 Year Old single cask malt whisky went missing while being transported by Delta Airlines from the UK to the US last summer....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research