TRAVEL RETAIL: Beam Global goes city-specific for Maker's Mark
Click through to see the packaging for the city-specific Maker's Mark offering
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a city-based gift pack range in the travel retail channel for its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand.
The company confirmed late last week that the 12-strong extension features 12 different cities - London, Paris, Amsterdam, Moscow, Madrid and Barcelona in Europe, and Manhattan, Washington DC, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco in the US. The packs will be available exclusively in these cities’ airports from this month until the end of the year. Marketing and distribution will be handled by Beam Global's joint-venture with the Edrington Group, Maxxium Travel Retail.
Other – albeit unspecified - cities will join the line-up later in the year.
“This launch is part of the international expansion of the brand outside of North America,” said Beam Global’s director for European travel retail, Gareth Brown. “Travel retail is an important channel as it is a showcase arena and the conduit between key domestic markets.”
The packs will be available in one-litre bottles, and cost in the region of EUR29 (US$40) each.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to bring its Sourz brand to UK television screens for the first time, through its Maxxium sales and marketing JV....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO