UK: Beam Global gives Cockburn's first website
The UK unit of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the first website for its Port brand Cockburn's.
The division said yesterday (23 June) that the website forms part of a GBP2m (US$) investment in 2008 "to drive category value and demonstrate how port fits into modern lifestyles".
The website, found at cockburns.com, will emphasise a new positioning for Cockburn's, described by Beam UK as "A Fine Disregard for the Rules", which "aims to challenge category conventions and inspire people to experiment with Port rather than conform to traditions," said Cockburn's brand manager, Janice Moorfield. "It is designed to engage with a younger audience of 30-something men who are interested in quality food and wine matching."
A competition will run on the sit, offering the first 1,000 entrants - who describe in 100 words their most inventive attempts to disregard the rules of Port - a GBP2-off voucher for the Cockburn's range. The best entry will win a three-day trip for two people to Portugal.
The website will also focus on the recently-introduced bottle redesign for Cockburn's range. Consumers will be directed to the site via the new bottles, which will be available from next month.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Winemakers' Federation of Australia has welcomed a new wine trade deal between Australia and the EU....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine is making changes to its marketing team, as it gears up to promote newly acquired Cruzan Rum in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks division of Fortune Brands, has appointed communications veterans Paula Erickson and Dan Cohen to its team....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine has unveiled this year's list of young entrepreneurs accepted into its Courvoisier Future 500 club....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research