US: Beam Global follows Brown-Forman with NASCAR withdrawal
The company said today (22 September) that its marketing plans for 2010 will not include a return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. As a result, the company will not extend its current partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports, which has run since the team's creation in 2005, next year.
Beam said it plans to focus its marketing resources for its flagship Jim Beam brand into "other platforms that directly impact the end consumer".
The announcement follows confirmation yesterday that Brown-Forman is to close its Jack Daniel's NASCAR sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing's No. 07 team at the end of the current season.
"It was a difficult decision to transition away from being a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team sponsor," said Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global Spirits & Wine US. "We always take a hard look at our marketing resources and how we can best interact with legal purchase age consumers.
"After an extensive review of our marketing strategy,"Newlands added, "we have come up with new alternatives to fuel growth for Jim Beam in 2010."
Newlands did not specify what alternatives the company had drawn up for the brand next year.
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard’s decision to leav...
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends