UK: Beam Global expands reach of Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection
Beam Global Spirits & Wine launches Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection in UK
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched its new range of aged Courvoisier in the UK as it seeks to entice more premium Scotch whisky fans into Cognac.
Beam Global's distributor, Maxxium UK, said today (10 May) that it is launching the Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection in the country. The range, which launched in the US last year, includes Courvoisier 12 Year Old and 21 Year Old priced at GBP50 (US$82) and GBP175 respectively per 70cl bottle.
It is believed to be the first time that a major Cognac house has used age statements on bottles.
"This is for consumers who don't know Cognac and for those who know Cognac but who want more detail," said Courvoisier's master blender, Patrice Pinet, at a launch event in London last night. The new range will only be sold in high-end bars and retailers, such as Harvey Nichols and Harrods, for the time being.
Maxxium and Courvoisier's owner, Beam Global, believe that age statements will resonate better with Scotch whisky drinkers, rather than the existing definitions for Cognac expressions, such as VS, VSOP and XO.
There will be no marketing campaign for the Connoisseur Collection at this stage, with Maxxium opting to rely initially on education of bartenders, sampling and word of mouth.
Pinet said that sales "are going well" in the US.
Maxxium UK is jointly owned by Beam Global and The Edrington Group.
For just-drinks comment on the Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection, following last year's US launch, click here.
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
Beam Inc has realigned its commercial structure in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research