US: Beam Global exec gets VP sales, marketing post at Southern Wine & Spirits
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
Condron will leave his position as Beam's vice president of national accounts and sales strategy to take up the newly created position at Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS), both companies announced today (7 July).
In his new role at Southern, Condron will be responsible for accelerating the growth of Beam Global's brands, which include Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon, Courvoisier Cognac, Sauza Tequila and Laphroaig Scotch whisky.
"In this new position, Tim will help us and Southern strategically align our business priorities," said president of Beam Global in the US, Bill Newlands.
Condron will report to Kevin Fennessey, senior vice president of marketing at SWS.
Beam Global. which is the spirits division of Fortune Brands, signed a new distribution deal with SWS in January.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
We all know that Diageo and Pernod Ricard have held all before them in the spirits sector for a number of years. But a new report from Rabobank has shed light on how they have done it, and what the re...
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has promoted Ted Simpkins to executive vice president of winery relations of California's wine districts....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands, has appointed Mindy Mackenzie as senior vice president of human resources....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has secured the right to operate in the US state of Indiana....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, the US drinks distributor, has appointed Lee Brian Schrager to the position of vice president, corporate communications and national events....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017