INDIA: Beam Global brings Maker's Mark to India
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand in India.
The company confirmed today (18 September) that the Bourbon brand will join its Teacher's Scotch whisky brand in the country, in what it described as a "milestone" launch.
"The offer of a boutique product is always a clearly signal of stepping up commitments," said Beam Global (India) managing director Harish Moolchandani. "India is a focus market for Beam Global and the launch of Maker's Mark is the first of many extraordinary initiatives designed to tap the potential of the Indian market.
"Beam Global has long been the leader in the Scotch segment in India with our flagship brand, Teacher's. Now we are ready to lead in other segments. With DYC in the IMFL segment, Sauza in the tequila category, and Maker's Mark in the super premium bourbon market, we are well-positioned to leverage our market position to propel growth."
Late last year, Beam Global entered the Indian Made Foreign Liquor segment with the launch of whisky brand DYC. The whisky is a blend of Indian grain and imported aged malts, which is blended and bottled in India. Beam has positioned the brand as an "affordable luxury" between premium and super-premium whiskies in the IMFL category. DYC retails for around INR370 (US$8.26) a bottle in the country.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free has launched a promotion in airports within the Asia Pacific region for the group's Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has appointed another former Beam Global Spirits & Wine employee, this time to fill the newly-created role of on-trade channel controller....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine plans to continue its partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports (RGM) and its Jim Beam Bourbon brand in the US in an effort to expand its presence in the car racing sector....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report