US: Beam Global backs responsible drinking associations
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has teamed up with The National Criminal Enforcement Association in the US, and The European Forum for Responsible Drinking in an effort to promote responsible drinking.
The Fortune Brands-owned drinks unit said yesterday (14 February) that it will back educational seminars on drunk driving prevention, educate about responsible alcohol consumption and help combat underage alcohol consumption.
NCEA executive director Douglas Wright said: "We appreciate Beam Global's support and commitment to our members. We commend Beam's efforts to educate consumers about responsible drinking and appreciate its support."
Beam's senior vice president of corporate affairs, Chris Swonger, said: "Law enforcement individuals are on the front lines in this battle. We applaud their efforts and fully support their work in keeping our roads safe. We know it takes all parties working together to eliminate drunk driving."
The pan-European alliance EFRD, which promotes responsible consumption of alcohol and discourages abusive consumption and underage drinking in Europe, described Beam as "being a responsible corporate citizen within the spirits industry".
Swonger added: "We are aligned with EFRD's belief that promoting responsible alcohol consumption requires broad societal commitment and a concerted effort by all relevant stakeholders.
Beam's managing director, international Donard Gaynor will represent the company at EFRD executive meetings, the company said.
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
The Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed a leadership team for its national portfolio of wine, spirit and beer distributorships....
Central European Distribution Corporation has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first half of this year....
A bid by US firm Frank Pesce International Group for the global rights to Stolichnaya vodka has been rejected by brand owner SPI, just-drinks understands....
Spain will dethrone France as the world's leading wine producer by 2015, according to a study French social research body, CREDOC (Centre de Recherche pour l'Etude et l'Observation des Conditions de V...
The Castel Group, France's leading wine producer, is to open the first phase of its new bottling plant, which the company claims will be Europe's biggest, next month....
Vinmonopolet has posted a slight lift in sales for the first six months of this year....
Independent Brewers United has extended the deadline for its tender offer to acquire Pyramid Breweries by 48 hours....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits