US: Beam Global backs Congress Bourbon group
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has welcomed the launch of a bi-partisan group in the US Congress designed to support the Bourbon industry.
The Congressional Bourbon Caucus, launched on Wednesday (17 June), will be co-chaired by congressmen John Yarmuth and Brett Guthrie and will educate other members on the "legislative and regulatory issues impacting the industry".
"We thank congressmen Yarmuth and Guthrie for establishing the Congressional Bourbon Caucus," said Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global US.
"The Congressional Bourbon and Wine Caucuses demonstrate the importance and contributions of America's distillers and vintners to the economy. The Bourbon industry has played a key role in the economy, including jobs and tourism, and as the leading Bourbon producer in the country, we support the Congressional Bourbon Caucus in their work to strengthen the industry."
The Bourbon industry provides around 3,000 jobs in Kentucky and about US$3bn in gross state revenue, according to Beam, which owns the Maker's Mark and Jim Beam Bourbon brands.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard's decision to leav...
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks division of Fortune Brands, is to cut costs by closing one of its four bottling plants in the US....
Maxxium UK is to launch a 3D television advert for Courvoisier Cognac....
Courvoisier, the Cognac arm of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, remains cautious on talk of an economic recovery in its key US market, but the group is increasingly upbeat about the UK, Russia and Asia....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the division of Fortune Brands, is making "modest" job cuts as part of its worldwide restructuring initiative announced this week, just-drinks can confirm....
Fortune Brands is increasing advertising spend behind its major spirits brands, after reporting a pick-up in sales in the third quarter of 2009....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends