US: Beam Global appoints mixologist Raimondo
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Philip Raimondo as national accounts mixologist.
Previously director of beverage for Ruth's Hospitality Group, Raimondo will work directly with the national and regional account sales teams to develop signature drink promotions, the company said today (15 January).
While supporting the company's entire portfolio, he will focus his work on Jim Beam Bourbon, DeKuyper Cordials and Liqueurs, Cruzan Rum, Courvoisier Cognac and 1 Whiskey.
Spirits firms are having to work harder to retain bar customers and consumers, as the economic downturn hastens a shift to drinking at home.
"Philip is a cocktail and spirits enthusiast who brings a wealth of skill and knowledge to the Beam Global team," said Ken Ruff, vice president of national accounts for Beam Global Spirits & Wine. "His background in developing innovative, flavourful cocktails will help Beam Global better serve its national accounts customers."
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Supplies of Knob Creek Bourbon are set to dry up over the summer due to strong demand exceeding forecasts, brand owner Beam Global Spirits & Wine has warned....
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America....
A limited edition Scotch whisky, The Balvenie Madeira Cask 17 Year Old, has been released by distiller William Grant & Sons....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a limited edition bottle for its Malibu flavoured rum brand in the US....
Diageo has moved to correct a recent report claiming that it will gain almost US$3bn from a US tax break....
The Edrington Group has reported a 44% rise in net sales and a 30% leap in pre-tax profits for its fiscal full-year....
Maxxium has lined up the launch of two Brugal rum variants exclusively for the travel retail channel in Spain....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018