US: Beam Global appoints mixologist Raimondo
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Philip Raimondo as national accounts mixologist.
Previously director of beverage for Ruth's Hospitality Group, Raimondo will work directly with the national and regional account sales teams to develop signature drink promotions, the company said today (15 January).
While supporting the company's entire portfolio, he will focus his work on Jim Beam Bourbon, DeKuyper Cordials and Liqueurs, Cruzan Rum, Courvoisier Cognac and 1 Whiskey.
Spirits firms are having to work harder to retain bar customers and consumers, as the economic downturn hastens a shift to drinking at home.
"Philip is a cocktail and spirits enthusiast who brings a wealth of skill and knowledge to the Beam Global team," said Ken Ruff, vice president of national accounts for Beam Global Spirits & Wine. "His background in developing innovative, flavourful cocktails will help Beam Global better serve its national accounts customers."
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Supplies of Knob Creek Bourbon are set to dry up over the summer due to strong demand exceeding forecasts, brand owner Beam Global Spirits & Wine has warned....
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America....
A limited edition Scotch whisky, The Balvenie Madeira Cask 17 Year Old, has been released by distiller William Grant & Sons....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a limited edition bottle for its Malibu flavoured rum brand in the US....
Diageo has moved to correct a recent report claiming that it will gain almost US$3bn from a US tax break....
The Edrington Group has reported a 44% rise in net sales and a 30% leap in pre-tax profits for its fiscal full-year....
Maxxium has lined up the launch of two Brugal rum variants exclusively for the travel retail channel in Spain....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends