US: Beam Global appoints brand licensing agency
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed brand extension agency The Licensing Company of North America (TLC), as its leading brand licensing agency of record. The agreement, announced yesterday (3 October), covers all countries around the world with the exception of Australia and New Zealand, which will continue to be represented by Newman International.
Under the agreement, TLC will add Beam Global's flagship brand Jim Beam Bourbon to the roster of brands it represents. It will continue to represent the former Allied Domecq brands that Beam Global acquired last year including Sauza Tequila, Courvoisier Cognac, Canadian Club Canadian whisky and Maker's Mark Bourbon.
TLC said that its licensing strategy for Beam's portfolio focuses on extending the brands' qualities into food and beverage categories and lifestyle and accessories products. Previous work includes Sauza margarita mix, the Maker's Mark Bourbon House and Lounge, Courvoisier cigars, and a line of Sauza condiments.
"The Licensing Company has a solid track record with global brands from its days with the former Allied Domecq. Not only do they have a deep-seated knowledge of the spirits licensing industry, but also of our brands. Their relevant experience eliminates any learning curve and we can get down to business right away," said Jeff Christensen, senior manager, global licensing & strategic partnerships for Beam. "We are very confident about introducing our flagship brand Jim Beam to TLC. Along with the other brands that TLC represents, we will work towards increasing consumer awareness, building brand equity and expanding our brands into lifestyle and culinary sectors of the market, in a responsible manner."
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an MD change at its Sauza Mexico subsidiary....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an off-trade promotion for its Jim Beam Black bourbon in the US....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two flavour extensions for its Kahlua coffee liqueur....
Future Brands has renewed its distribution agreement in Rhode Island....
Blavod Extreme Spirits CEO Jeff Hopmayer has said the company will continue to keep its eyes open for "strategic partnerships" after announcing the end of potential takeover talks with a mystery suito...
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Ex-Diageo exec takes over Island Club spirits
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets