US: Beam Global adds to corporate affairs team
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed a new senior position in its corporate affairs department.
The drinks company said yesterday (16 January) that John Walter will become director of corporate affairs, international. Walter will be charged with "managing Beam's international government affairs activities, promoting public policy strategies and tactics that align with Beam Global's overall commercial strategy", the company said. He will report directly to Chris Swonger, Beam's senior vice president of corporate affairs.
Prior to working with Beam Global in a consultative capacity, Walter held the position of director of trade and industry affairs at Allied Domecq.
"As a company, we are committed to strengthening and enhancing our employee base and are pleased to add John's relevant expertise to the Beam Global corporate affairs team," Swonger said. "From his previous work with Allied Domecq and as a seasoned consultant in the spirits and wine industry, John brings significant experience to this position.
"The creation of this post along with John's appointment to director of corporate affairs, international reaffirms Beam Global's commitment to leading the industry through our strong partnerships and valuable employees."
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is hoping to up its presence in China for the Harveys sherry portfolio....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, has closed the purchase of a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Beam Global UK plans to launch a loyalty scheme for its Courvoisier cognac brand as part of a GBP3m (US$5.96) investment to help UK pubs generate more profit from the category....
The outgoing managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK division is switching to become CEO of Cobra Beer....
Fortune Brands has reiterated its earnings targets for both the second quarter and full year....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report