AUS: Beam eyes Skinnygirl boost after Bethenny Frankel tour
The Skinnygirl range has seen success in the US
Beam is forecasting a jump in demand for Skinnygirl in Australia after a promotional campaign by the brand's US founder.
TV presenter and entreprenuer Bethenny Frankel, who launched Skinnygirl in 2009 and sold it to Beam two years later, was in Australia last week promoting the brand through media interviews and a trade and consumer event at the Sydney Opera House Marquee. Skinngirl was launched in Australia in 2011 - the first market outside the US.
Steve Inch, Beam's Oceania MD, said: “We’re confident that putting the spotlight on Bethenny’s intrinsic association with Skinnygirl Cocktails will significantly increase demand for the brand in this market.”
The brand has seen significant success in the US, with Beam reporting a 19% rise in sales in 2012. In the US, the Skinnygirl range includes four flavoured vodka variants, three wine varieties and five RTD cocktail variants, with a mojito version due to launch.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018