US: Beam extends NASCAR partnership
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has renewed its sponsorship of NASCAR racing.
Flagship brand Jim Beam will continue its partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports (RGM) as a sponsor of the No. 7 Ford Fusion during the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup. Financial details of the link-up, announced yesterday (5 February), were not disclosed.
Jim Beam will sponsor 12 races thsi year, which marks the third year of its partnership with RGM. The brand will use its sponsorship to emphasise responsible drinking and will highlight programmes throughout the season that focus on preventing underage drinking and drunk driving.
"We're excited to continue our relationship with Robby Gordon as a primary sponsor in 2007 and look forward to supporting his endeavours to capture his first win as an independent driver and owner in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series," said Brian Gallagher, manager of Jim Beam Racing.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Fortune Brands has increased its annual dividend payment....
Fortune Brands has posted a slight fall in net income for its second quarter....
Maxxium Worldwide has appointed Beam Global's managing director to the position of board chairman....
Maxxium has realigned the regional reporting responsibilities for its board of directors....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is hoping to up its presence in China for the Harveys sherry portfolio....
Beam Global UK plans to launch a loyalty scheme for its Courvoisier cognac brand as part of a GBP3m (US$5.96) investment to help UK pubs generate more profit from the category....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends