MEXICO/US: Beam boils Mexico distribution down to La Madrilena
Beam has announced plans to consolidate its distribution network in Mexico.
The US-based spirits company, recently formed following the break-up of Fortune Brands, confirmed late last week that it will bring its brands together with Colonia del Valle-based distributor La Madrileña. The move, which takes effect from 1 January, sees Beam reduces its number of partners in the country from four.
The agreement with La Madrileña will “streamline Beam’s route-to-market under one distributor to provide focused attention and resources to Beam’s entire portfolio”, the company said last week.
“This performance-based agreement demonstrates our commitment to growth in Mexico,” said Beam's president for North America, Bill Newlands. “Bringing our portfolio under one roof in Mexico will help us get closer to customers and consumers, and provide more focus and resources to support our portfolio of brands.”
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets