UK: Beam bids to revitalise sherry category
Beam Wine Estates has launched Harveys Fino in the company's first extension to its sherry portfolio in nine years.
The new Harveys range is part Beam's intention to redefine and re-energise the sherry category through an new product development programme in the UK.
Beam said it is aiming to revitalise the sherry category with eye-catching, contemporary packaging, as it departs from traditional sherry labelling.
The new sherry is available through Tesco, independents and on trade outlets, retailing at GBP7.79 (US$14.30).
It was produced by winemaker Beltrán Domecq, and joins Harveys amontillado, pale cream, cream and premium in Beam's sherry portfolio.
Beam's marketing director Drew Munro said: "As category leaders with Harveys Bristol Cream, we have in-depth knowledge of the market. Harveys has the highest awareness of any sherry in the UK and we are confident that the addition of Harveys Fino will recruit new consumers to the Harveys portfolio and to the category overall."
After 20 years, the EU has finally agreed a wine trade treaty with the US but European producers fear that too much ground has been given, particularly with regard to the protection of places of origi...
In the third in a series of reports on major family-controlled companies in the wines and spirits arena, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean take a look at Fortune Brands, which owns the i...
A majority of American wine consumers rank where a wine comes from higher than most other factors when making purchases....
Maxxium UK has added to its Highland Park range, launching a 30 year old single malt for the first time....
A brewer in Germany claims to have produced the world's strongest beer. ...
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
Europe's producers of Champagne, Port and Sherry have joined winemakers from Napa Valley, Oregon, and Washington State in signing a declaration of joint principles stating the importance of location t...
Leading US and European wine regions are to sign a declaration to protect and promote "location" within the wine industry, the Office Of Champagne in the US said yesterday (18 July)....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research