US: Beam appoints business development chief
US drinks group Beam Global Spirits & Wine has named John Muller as senior vice president, strategy and corporate development.
Muller will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives, as well as identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, reporting directly to president and CEO Tom Flocco.
"We are delighted to welcome John Muller to our team," Flocco said. "As a consultant to our organisation over the past year, John has proven himself to be a superb strategic thinker with an operating style that is consistent with our company and our aspirations. He will be a valuable addition to the team and to the entire Beam Global Spirits & Wine organisation."
Muller will work closely with the company's business units and functions to implement critical initiatives, the company said. He will address such issues as forecasting, trend analysis, market and competitor analysis, financial modelling and partnership development, and will also join the company's executive committee.
Before being engaged by Beam in a consultant capacity, Muller had worked for Bank of America, McKinsey & Company and Procter & Gamble.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head