US: Beam adds Cruzan to rum portfolio
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added Cruzan Rum to its portfolio.
The Cruzan line-up comprises of a light rum, several dark rums and a single barrel, produced in St Croix in the US Virgin Islands. An additional ten flavoured rums include vanilla, coconut, mango and raspberry.
A new bottle design, consistent across the Cruzan portfolio, reflects the "vibrancy of the Caribbean islands", the company said today (19 November), along with the Cruzan crest. The bottles of flavoured rum will now be frosted and merge the old packaging with a more "premium" image.
"Through the acquisition of Cruzan Rum, Beam Global now has the benefit of a complete rum portfolio consisting of mixable and flavoured rums," said Christopher Peddy, category general manager for Cognac and Tequila at Beam Global. "With 38,000 barrels currently aging, we anticipate growth and development for this brand under Beam Global."
The new labels for Cruzan Estate Light Rum Two Years, Cruzan Estate Dark Rum Two Years, Cruzan 151 Rum and Cruzan Black Strap Rum are currently on sale, while the new packaging for Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum will be available later this month. The flavoured rums will debut their new packaging in February.
Last month, Beam Global's parent company, Fortune Brands, completed the acquisition of Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard. Fortune snapped up the brand for US$100m as part of Pernod's move to extract Vin & Sprit from the Maxxium distribution joint venture. V&S and Fortune made up half of the j-v, along with Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau.
Cruzan is sold in the US, the Caribbean, Canada, Spain and the Nordic countries. It is available in the US in 50ml, 200ml, 375ml, 750ml, 1-litre and 1.75-litre bottles.
Bacardi US has expanded its ready-to-drink portfolio with the inclusion of a Classic Cocktail Raspberry Mojito....
Havana Club International has unveiled a revamp of the packaging for its seven-year-old Havana Club rum variant....
JD Wetherspoon, the UK pub chain, has reported a 0.5% rise in like-for-like sales in its fiscal third quarter....
Fortune Brands has reported a 93% dive in first quarter net profits, with sales at Beam Global Spirits & Wine down by more than 5%....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits and Wine is to debut Beam Rocks, its Jim Beam concert series, on 6 May at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu drink is to be the official spirits sponsor of the 2009 Association of Volleyball Professionals Crocs Tour....
The Sauza Tequila distillery in Mexico, owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has receieved a certificate in recognition of its social responsibility commitments....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014