US: BE Innovations unveils rival to sports drinks
BE Innovations has introduced a tablet it claims replaces sports drinks.
The Chicago-based company said yesterday (17 January) that Zym, a lemon-lime flavoured tablet, can be added to water to match sports drinks for hydration.
Each non-carbonated tablet contains 250mg of sodium, 50mg of magnesium, 50mg of potassium, 30mg of calcium, 100mg of vitamin C, and several B-complex vitamins per 16-ounce serving.
"ZYM eliminates the hassle of dealing with messy powders or lugging around bottles of sports drinks," said Brian Koff, BE Innovations president and CEO. "It allows you to contain all of the necessary ingredients for proper hydration in the palm of your hand."
Zym has a suggested retail price of US$7.95 for 10 tablets, and is available at some sports, convenience & specialty stores across the US.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Among the six GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest soft drinks market, but the UAE and Qatar are forecast to show the most rapid growth over the coming five yea...
On-shelf impact, convenience, shelf-life, brand loyalty and increasingly environmental credentials all factor into the packaging choice for soft drinks brands. Moreover, writes Annette Farr, when it c...
As the original functional beverage, sports drinks are riding the wave of the health and wellness boom and consumer interest in good-for-you products, while new ingredients and product variants are fu...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) announced today that it has agreed to acquire 100% of Aquavision, a newly constructed production facility in Russia...
Growing consumer interest in maintaining a healthy diet and participating in sporting activities will contribute to growth in the functional sports drinks (FSD) category over the next five years, acco...
UK soft drinks consumers are turning their attention to their calorie intake, according to recent research....
Innocent plans to launch a range of water products in the UK functional drinks market this month....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review