UK: BBPA appoints brewing chief
The British Beer & Pub Association has appointed a new head of brewing.
Andy Tighe will be the trade body's new director of brewing, following current director Dr David Long's decision to retire after nearly 15 years in the post and 29 years with the organisation.
Tighe, who takes up the post this week, is the current deputy director and will continue to be advised by Long for the next few months.
In recent years, Tighe has played a key role in formulating the group's taxation policy and annual Budget submission, as well as leading on beer duty operations and supply chain issues, said the body.
He also manages the UK brewing industry's Climate Change Agreement.
In December, the British Beer & Pub Association complained that the UK Government was implementing a "stealth tax" on the sector.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018