FINLAND: BBH's Saku looks for Carlsberg tie-up - report
Saku Ölletehas is looking to brew its namesake beer at Carlsberg's Finnish brewery, according to local reports.
The Estonian brewer is in negotiations with the Danish brewer's Finnish unit, with a view to an announcement being made within the next month, Finnish News Digest said earlier this week.
Citing Saku director Tomas Kucinkas, the news service said that the brewer is hoping to up sales and brand visibility through the tie-up. Saku, which makes the most sold foreign beer in Finland, is operating at full capacity at its current production lines, but is looking to construct a new facility in Lithuania early next year.
No-one was available for comment at Carlsberg as just-drinks went to press.
Saku Ölletehas, which earlier this month posted an 81% leap in half-year profits, is majority-owned by Baltic Beverages Holding - the Eastern European joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle.
Whether marketed as non-alcoholic beers or soft drinks, malt-based beverages are expected to grow as a category in the coming years. While the products are finding increasing acceptance among Muslim c...
Carlsberg has refused to rule out further brewery closures in Western Europe this year....
The sale of one of Carlsberg's two breweries in Italy signals a stronger focus on the premium end of the market, according to the head of the Danish brewer's business in Western Europe. Speaking to ju...
The Italian arm of Carlsberg is to put one of its local breweries up for sale amid tough conditions for Italy's beer market....
The head of Carlsberg's business in Asia has said the company's partnership with Vietnamese brewer Hanoi Beer Company (Habeco) will help it stave off growing competition in the fast-growing market....
Heineken and SABMiller have stayed silent on reports in Belarus that they are interested in the country's largest brewer Krinitsa....
Russia's largest brewer Baltika has begun exporting its namesake beer to Mexico....
Government officials in Vietnam have given the green light to Scottish & Newcastle's plans to build a greenfield brewery in the country....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends