UKRAINE: BBH to launch Holsten in Ukraine - report
Baltic Beverages Holding is looking to launch its Holsten beer brand in Ukraine, according to local reports.
Ukrainian News Digest reported today (6 September) that the local unit of BBH is planning to start production of Holsten at its Slavutich brewery from 10 September, after having made a deal with Carlsberg, which, three years ago, acquired a majority stake in Holsten-Brauerei.
BBH plans to retail Holsten beer in the Ukraine at UAH3 (US$0.6) per bottle.
No-one was immediately available at BBH Ukraine to confirm the reports when contacted by just-drinks today.
BBH, a joint venture between Carlsberg Breweries and Scottish & Newcastle, controls local breweries Slavutich and Lviv. The company sells Tuborg, Carlsberg, Foster's, Baltika, Slavutich, Arsenal, Lvivske and Khmilne in the country.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Scottish & Newcastle has been given full clearance to proceed with the construction of its first brewery in Vietnam, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on claims that it is the latest brewer to consider scuppering Carlsberg and Heineken's move for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg and Heineken have ended a nerve-wracked week by noting the issuance of the scheme document for their acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has been moved to issue a statement following speculation that it may tender a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
SABMiller has refused to comment on reports that it is considering a counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Heineken has seen its full-year profits take a hammering following a ruling last year that it had been part of a cartel in the Netherlands....
Scottish & Newcastle has refused to be drawn on claims that its defence against a pending takeover cost the brewer in the region of GBP50m (US$97.1m)....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends