UK: BBH Q1 figures show healthy growth
Baltic Beverages Holding has posted its figures for the first quarter of this year. Beer volume, net sales and gross margin all registered growth for the company.
Over the last 12 months, BBH beer volumes have grown by over 10%. In the first quarter of 2004, the company continued this trend.
Net sales for the quarter rose by 31%, reaching US$303m, as gross margin increased slightly by 0.3% points. EBITDA for the company subsequently rose by 26%, hitting $68m.
Going forward, BBH said, the group's performance in Q1 gives it continued confidence that it is well-placed for profitable growth in 2004. This year, BBH plans to further strengthen its business through increased brand investment, particularly in Baltika, Russia's number one beer brand.
EBITDA and EBITA margins were depressed due to higher operational gearing and much higher levels of advertising costs in the quarter, which increased by around 1.5 percentage points of net sales.
The enhanced capability in sales and distribution following the changes made in 2003 has increased the level of fixed costs and thus operational gearing, the company said. In relatively quiet quarters such as Q1, this will lead to margin pressure.
Baltic Beverages Holding AB (BBH) said today that management initiatives within sales and marketing had driven a continuation of the strong growth in both volumes and net sales shown in the second hal...
Baltika has begun supplying beer direct to Ireland....
Baltika has failed in a bid to gain sufficient support from minority shareholders for its proposed acquisition of the Pikra brewery for US$67.5m....
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has had its rating upgraded....
Yarpivo has said it expects volume sales for this year to show a 10% increase to between 58m and 59m decalitres....
Baltic Beverage Holdings plans to begin consolidating its Russian assets with the brewer Pikra, a press report said today....
Baltika Brewery has posted its Q1 figures....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends