UKRAINE: BBH begins brewing Carlsberg
Baltic Beverages Holding has begun brewing Carlsberg in the Ukraine, according to local reports.
BBH's Slavutich brewery has started producing Carlsberg in Kiev after importing the Danish brand from Russia for the last two years, according to Russian website Novecon yesterday (20 June).
The report said that BBH plans to reduce the price of Carlsberg and support the brand with an extensive marketing programme. Last year, BBH sold just 7,000 hectolitres of Carlsberg in the Ukraine, the report added.
BBH owns three breweries in the Ukraine, where in March it also began production of its flagship brand Baltika. Last year, BBH's sales in the country reached 4.1m hl, up 13% on the year.
BBH officials could not be reached for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
Carlsberg has admitted that it has opened a sales office in Bosnia....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to set up a business in Bosnia....
Anheuser-Busch will decide whether to enter India "probably within three months", the head of the US brewing giant's international operations told just-drinks today (12 December)....
Danish brewer Royal Unibrew has reshuffled its management team, the company announced today (11 December)....
The Vietnamese government is to sell off shares in state-owned drinks company Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco)....
Carlsberg has finally signalled its entry into India after months of speculation surrounding the brewer's ambitions for the fast-growing beer market....
The head of Carlsberg's operations in Denmark is to leave the brewer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research