UKRAINE: BBH begins brewing Carlsberg
Baltic Beverages Holding has begun brewing Carlsberg in the Ukraine, according to local reports.
BBH's Slavutich brewery has started producing Carlsberg in Kiev after importing the Danish brand from Russia for the last two years, according to Russian website Novecon yesterday (20 June).
The report said that BBH plans to reduce the price of Carlsberg and support the brand with an extensive marketing programme. Last year, BBH sold just 7,000 hectolitres of Carlsberg in the Ukraine, the report added.
BBH owns three breweries in the Ukraine, where in March it also began production of its flagship brand Baltika. Last year, BBH's sales in the country reached 4.1m hl, up 13% on the year.
BBH officials could not be reached for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
Carlsberg has admitted that it has opened a sales office in Bosnia....
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to set up a business in Bosnia....
Anheuser-Busch will decide whether to enter India "probably within three months", the head of the US brewing giant's international operations told just-drinks today (12 December)....
Danish brewer Royal Unibrew has reshuffled its management team, the company announced today (11 December)....
The Vietnamese government is to sell off shares in state-owned drinks company Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco)....
Carlsberg has finally signalled its entry into India after months of speculation surrounding the brewer's ambitions for the fast-growing beer market....
The head of Carlsberg's operations in Denmark is to leave the brewer....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago